- 11’ Full Length
- 3’ Peak Height
- 1.9L Pack vol.
- Weight – 1.5lb / 24 oz / 0.7 kg
- Temperature Rating: +20°F to +60°F / -6,6°C to +15,5°C
- Durable Ripstop Nylon
- Heat Relfective Inner-lining
- High Loft Goose Down
- Stormproof – Topside non-permeable, underside water-resistant
- Breathable – Windows and vents let in fresh air
- Bug Proof – Mesh Guarded Windows
- Strong, Adjustable Tension Line – Creates space and enables temperature control
- Hang Loops – Loops on tension line to hang lights and packs
- Easy-cinching Parachute Cord Ends
- 2 Carabiners
- Resembles a bear-sized taco, so be careful in bear country
Can I wash the SHEL?
Yes! But you need to do it in the right way so that you keep the goose down nice and lofty. It’s the same as washing a down sleeping bag. Check out this resource on the proper care of goose down:https://sectionhiker.com/washing-a-down-sleeping-bag/
What are the Khione Hammock specs?
Some Kickstarter packages include a hammock! Here are the specs:
- Weight limit: 400 lbs (181 kg)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)
- Length: 10.5 ft (3.2 m) carabiner to carabiner
- Width: 6.25 ft (1.9 m) side to side
- Straps: 1″ triple stitched webbing, 10 ft (3 m) straps, 15 loops
- Carabiner: quick-draw, rated to 2000 lbs (907 kg)
What do you do about condensation?
Condensation collects on the inside of many water-resistant outdoor implements. The SHEL combats this problem with specially engineered vents that let fresh air in and condensation out—all without exposing you to precipitation.
How does air act as an insulating material?
When air moves, it can cool you off pretty fast (hence the wind-chill factor.) However, when air stands still, it acts as an insulator. For example, double pane windows work by trapping a thin layer of air between the panes. Wall insulation and goose down insulation do the same thing. They trap air and keep it from moving.
The SHEL seals a thin layer of air between the hammock and the outside world. For optimal heat retention, the SHEL should hang about 1 inch below you (this is easy to check with your hand.)
Does it really replace the need for a top quilt?
YES! It replaces the need for any other gear you would need to stay warm and dry (this includes tarps, topquilts/sleeping bags, underquilts, sleeping pads). Clothes optional.
Some people like the weight of a blanket or top quilt. Both of those would still work with the SHEL. However, you will find the SHEL to actually be quite cozy!
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Ask us at email@example.com